Get to know me better!
- If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
I would paint the beautiful Rocky Mountains.
- You discover that because of a mix-up at the hospital, your wonderful one-year-old child is not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the mistake?
It would absolutely be devastating. One, because I missed my real child’s first year of growing up. Second, because I probably have fallen in love with the baby I’ve been taking care of for a whole year. But in the end, I’d have to do what’s right. My child needs to be with me, and the other baby needs their real mother and family as well. Hope that never happens to anybody!
- What are your favorite movies?
Harry Potter obviously. But since I met Elcar, he introduced me to all kinds of different movies and made me love Super Bad and Inception lol… yeah I like Inception
- How important is music in your life?
Can’t even describe. I grew up being surrounded by music, and singing is my first love– so if that doesn’t say a lot already. Music is life.
- What is your favorite kind of flower and why?
I’m very cliché. It has to be roses. There’s this aesthetic to them– they are classic, timeless and very romantic.
- What do you think about the death penalty?
I used to think everybody deserved a second chance. But as of late, with all this craziness happening. Mass shooting, etc. Innocent lives taken away. I may have changed my views along the way. We pay taxes to feed and house these criminals. It’s smarter to utilize our money to protect schools and public places. *Shrugs* Just my opinion.
- What is your ideal day?
Wake up at 10am, just perfect—not too late not too early. Have slept in but haven’t wasted the day. Grab brunch with Elky, go to the batting cages, watch a movie and maybe hang out with our friends after. Hahah. If you can’t tell, I’m super excited for summer.
- Do you daydream a lot? What do you daydream about?
Oh ya. I daydream a lot about the person I want to be. And how my future is going to look like with my happy family, and a family I would build with my husband. I also daydream about travelling the world.
- How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
I’m too blunt for my own good. But somehow when it comes to my parents, it’s hard for me to voice myself out to them. Guess it has to do with how I grew up and generally was scared of them, and felt like I could never talk back. But overall, I’m quite vocal about a lot of things for the most part lol.
- Would you place education as a top priority?
This is an “ehhh” for me. I value education a lot, and it’s definitely one of the priorities for me. I really think it’s important and empowering to be knowledgeable. But I’m not sure if it’s “top priority” or number one, yknow. Education doesn’t measure how successful anyone is, or can be.
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
Absolutely not. Time is gold. An extra 10 years with my loved ones creating memories is priceless. Those 10 years could potentially be the best years of my life, why would I give them up?
- Who was your best teacher in school? What did you learn? What would they say about you?
When I read this, I immediately thought of Mr. Page. He was my middle school band teacher and he was just so badass. He’s like this cool but strict dad. He’s just awesome. I played my best in band because of him and have loved playing the clarinet, as well as being a part of this amazing performing band. It made me feel super accomplished and proud that I played an instrument so well and I loved doing it. Now I don’t even remember playing which makes me so sad. His famous line was “Change your diaper and move on” each time we made a mistake or complain about something. So he was cool. Period. Oh, and I’m pretty sure I was one of his favorites.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Since “adulting” happened, I’ve been feeling extra sluggish and unenergized, so every opportunity I get, I sleep. Or just lounge in bed haaahh.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
To swim, and to play the guitar and piano.
- Describe the ultimate paradise/heaven.
Hanging out with my most favorite people every day. In my perfect world, everybody lived close to each other. We’d all have breakfast, lunch and dinner together. Play games, go on road trips and just hung out all the time. I love the company of family and friends. That’s all I want to do, to hang out with them every single day if I could.
- Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
My partner is the epitome of that. When you meet them, you’ll just “know”
- How would you like to die?
How Allie and Noah died. In bed, together, holding each other. I want to die of old age with the love of my life beside me.
- What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Favorite time of day: late afternoon, that’s when my energy peaks I guess lol and I’m more in the mood to do thingsFavorite day of the week: Is this even a question? The weekend of course, especially Sundays during the summer 😉 softball szn.Favorite month of the year: I don’t have just one, because from October-December, I am festive mode and it’s the most beautiful time of the year!!!!!! I love fall festivities and Christmas.
- How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
Each family is different, but I love how my family is. I wouldn’t trade it. It isn’t perfect or happy all the time but it has character and I love that character.
- What do you feel guilty about?
Eating Hersey’s Kisses in Cookies n Cream!!!!
- What do you believe makes a successful life?
Living it by your own rules and what you want to do. Not what others want. That in itself is pretty successful. And anyone who decides to live just how they want have lived a successful life.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Settled in with my job, obviously graduated Nursing and possibly engaged to the love of my life hehe
- If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and what would it be for?
I would throw a cheese and wine + bbq party lol. I love the thought of both. When I get older and have my own house and family, I always imagine myself throwing a party for our friends and their families. Wine and cheese for the adults and bbq for the kids. Cocktails and lots of food outdoors. Maybe game nights as well or watching the World Series or something. I want to host all the parties when I get old!!!!! I love food, drinks and company.
- What are your pet peeves?
Getting screened. Like, okay you read my message—have the courtesy to reply??? Most often than not, I’m asking something important. It also peeves me when people decide not to reply because the answer is “no”…… just tell me no!!!
- Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
My family. All day, every day.
- When you were young, what was the thing that you wanted to be when you grew up? Why?
I wanted to be a singer/actress in the Philippines. I just grew up being super kikay/girly and loved the thought of performing and getting dolled up.
- How do you feel about having kids one day?
Ecstatic. I love the thought of having kids when I’m successful and settled in with mon amour hehe. I think we’d make great parents. Just overall excited to make a team, build the best relationships with our kids and explore the world with them.
- If you were sure you could not fail, what would you attempt to do?
I would attempt to do med school. I want to be a surgeon. Just not willing to invest the time and money into it… lol.
- What do you appreciate most about your life?
What I have, my house, my family, pretty much every aspect. I’m so blessed and I really cannot ask for more.
- If you were to win $10 million, what would you do with all that money?
Invest. Help whoever needs help and travel.